The Friends' Nursery
The Friends' Plant Nursery is open to the public each Wednesday 9.30 am - 12.30 pm
- All plants are bargain priced
- Please bring bags for purchased plants
Please note conditions for entry to the Nursery:
- Covid protocols will be followed
- All visitors must register with the QR code, or at the Office
- Please ensure that you wear a mask
- Social distancing and hand sanitising are mandatory upon nursery entry and will be monitored
The Friends' Plant Nursery is located at the rear of the Botanic Gardens, near the GBG office and depot, with entry from Eastern Park Circuit.
The Nursery plants are sourced from the Geelong Botanic Gardens, which holds significant plant collections, particularly of Salvia and Pelargonium. The Gardens also have a number of trees listed on the National Trust Register of Significant Trees, including the magnificent Ginkgo biloba. These are some of the plants which our volunteers, the Growers, are able to use for Nursery stock. The Nursery has a large range of other plants from the Gardens, including perennials, (sourced from the outstanding Perennial Border in the Gardens), Australian and exotic plants, drought-tolerant species, shrubs etc.
Pelargonium: we have an assortment of Regal and Zonal Pelargoniums for sale. Recent additions will be available in April/May.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Nursery.
Weekly Plant Sales
The Nursery is open on Wednesdays from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm.
Seasonal Weekend Plant Sales
Weekend Plant Sales are usually held in Autumn, Winter and Spring.
Seasonal Sale dates for 2021 are not available - instead, we have held Special Summer Nursery Clearance Sales:
- Saturday 9 January 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
- Saturday 23 January 10.00 am - 2.00 pm
- Saturday 13 February 10.00 am - 2.00 pm Cancelled due to COVID lockdown
- Saturday 27 February 10.00 am - 2.00 pm