Discovering the Gardens
Discovery Walks and Activities
Our regular visitors enjoy the striking Silver Border, delight in the scent of the Heritage Roses in Spring, watch the dramatic display of the Perennial Border through Summer, and return for the Ginkgo as it turns butter yellow in late Autumn. But there is so much more to explore:
- Free Discovery Walks: Wednesdays at 11.00 am, Sundays at 2.00 pm, weather permitting. Meet your Guide on the front steps of the Botanic Gardens.
- The Discovery Table engages visitors with the selected plants, flowers and fruits that are on display and offers the opportunity to talk with a Guide. Third Sunday of each month.
- Themed Walks promotes more in-depth and innovative stories of the Gardens.
For these, a gold coin donation is requested. Second Sunday of each month. 2021 Themed Walks
- Booked Group Walks can be tailored to meet a walk theme. Group Bookings must be made well in advance and attract a small fee request form - walk. Pre-Visit Information
- Self-Guided Walks: If you prefer to wander the Gardens in your own time, Self-Guided walks are available at the front gate
- Introduction to Geelong Botanic Gardens: a general walk through the Gardens, explaining highlights and history.
- Heritage Tree Walk describes some of the very rare trees at the Geelong Gardens, many of which are listed on the National Trust (Victoria) Significant Tree Register. This walk is also available for your Smart Phone.
- Geelong Botanic Gardens - a local treasure, a U3A course, is offered each year
All of these activities are provided by the Volunteer Guides
Some additional information is available for Children and Families visiting the Gardens